Process and instruction
- All conference Participants can apply for VISA through online. The system is called the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).
- You can obtain Business Visa and under that, you can mention Participating for an international conference. However, the conference organizing committee will grant you an invitation letter after you make the registration payment. Contact Conference secretariat for more details.
- Apply ETA through online.
- You will receive acknowledgement notices (contact the immigration office, Receipt of ETA form, ETA approval, Rejections with reasons and etc.) after the submission of form (may take some time). Find Sample Notices From – ETA Home –> Sample Notices
- There is an ETA processing Charge. Find ETA Fees from – ETA Home -> FESS
- You can check your ETA status by the system.
- If you got ETA Approval upon arrival, produce your passport to the immigration officer at the port of entry to obtain the necessary clearance. It is advisable for you to bring a copy of the ETA approval notice along with you.
- If you can’t apply ETA in person check available options to apply for VISA.
- Please check FAQ in Sri Lankan department for more information and clarifications. Find FAQ from – ETA home -> FAQ
- Conference Organizing Committee is not responsible for any rejection of VISA
- If any issue Please contact Sri Lankan Mission in your Country
- Contact Department of Immigration and Emigration Sri Lanka – Contact Details
Department of Immigration and Emigration
Suhurupaya, Sri Subuthipura Road, Baththaramulla
Hotline : 0094 71 9967888
Telephone : 0094 11 5329422
Fax : 0094 11 2674631
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: www.immigration.gov.lk
Controller General of Immigration & Emigration and the Commissioner for Registration of Persons of Indian Origin
Mr. M. N. Ranasinghe
Email : email@example.com